Radiation therapy involves the use of high-energy rays to damage or kill cancer cells. The goal of radiation treatment, whether externally or internally delivered, is to prevent cancer cells from growing and dividing. For some cancers, radiation alone is an effective treatment; however, there are times when radiation will need to be combined with other cancer treatments, such as surgery or chemotherapy.
A radiation oncologist will oversee your cancer radiation therapy treatments. These physicians work closely with other cancer specialists, including medical oncologists and surgeons, to coordinate the best cancer treatment program for you.
At the Hope Cancer Center, our cancer specialist have access to the latest technologies and treatments used to target cancer. In addition to their expertise, our radiation oncology team works hard to deliver personalized care with support and compassion.
Hope Cancer Center radiation therapy includes:
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Three-Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy (3D-CRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
- Breast brachytherapy
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)